Meridian Business Support is one of the UK's leading providers of permanent and temporary recruitment to the Nursing, Health and Social Care sectors and we offer bespoke consultancy services to clients and candidates alike.
We are currently looking to recruit a Disability Assessor, for multiple locations in the South of England, who are qualified in one of the following professions; Registered Nurse (RGN, RMN, RNLD), Physiotherapist, Occupational Therapist or Paramedic with at least 2 years post graduate experience. Your primary role will be to conduct health and disability assessments in line with the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) guidelines for the Personal Independence Payment (PIP).
About PIP; As part of the Government's welfare reform agenda, the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) have introduced a new benefit called the Personal Independence Payment (PIP). Replacing the Disability Living Allowance (DLA). PIP is designed to better reflect today's understanding of disability and is focused on helping with the extra costs disabled people face to lead independent lives.
- To carry out medical examinations and provide medical advice on capacity of work (PIP assessments) using your clinical skills. Work to productivity and quality targets and respond positively to feedback.
- Analyse and interpret clinical information/medical evidence and provide reports in a professional and concise manner.
- Produce succinct, accurate and comprehensive reports in plain English to enable decision making and are of a good standard before being forwarded to the client
You’ll benefit from comprehensive training and full salary from the start, and ongoing CPD support is provided, as is your revalidation and renewal of professional body registration.
The job involves undertaking face-to-face assessments and compiling detailed medical reports, working with people who have a diverse range of health conditions, including physical, sensory, mental health and cognitive issues.
The starting salary is £33000
If you are interested in the Disability Assessor position and would like to have a confidential discussion to find out further details, please apply to this advert or alternatively email your CV to email@example.com. You can also contact Martyn Cahill at Meridian Business Support on 07500827519.
Disability Assessor | Registered Nurse | Physiotherapist | Paramedic | Occupational Therapist | Disability Analyst
- 21 days leave plus 8 days bank holidays
- Employee Assistance Programme (Validium)
- Buy Additional Leave Scheme
- Westfield Health Cash Plan
- CPD funding for clinical staff
- Access to IPRS Group physio (Canning Town, Norwich or Fore Street)
- Annual leave increases with completed service
- Childcare vouchers