The Benefits of Becoming a Disability Assessor25 May, 20212 minutes
Disability Assessor Job InformationA disability assessor is a caring and compassionate medic...
Disability Assessor Job Information
A disability assessor is a caring and compassionate medical professional who is able to impartially and thoroughly assess the personal situations of those with a physical and/or mental health disability to see if they qualify for Personal Independence Payment (PIP).
As an Assessor, you will utilise your clinical knowledge and broad-based medical experience by carrying out face to face assessments and examinations in a holistic manner. Such assessments focus on how a person's health condition(s) may have an impact on day-to-day life. The role will require you to use IT systems and software to write clear and concise medical reports which will later be used for decision making purposes.
The Benefits Explained:
There are lots of benefits to being a Disability Assessor but one of the main attractions is gaining a better work-life balance - No weekends, nights, or bank holidays are required. Here are some more of the benefits:
- 25 days' annual leave + 8 bank holidays, with the option to buy and sell annual leave
- Pension scheme, matching up to 10% of your contributions
- Life assurance, private medical insurance, and medical indemnity insurance
- Reimbursement of your annual NMC/HCPC registration fee
- Health screening every two years, after one year's service
- Thorough in-house and professional training and development, covering well over the required CPD hours to revalidate and maintain your professional registration
- All flexible benefits can be tailored to your requirement and lifestyle: travel or dental insurance, childcare vouchers, cycle to work scheme, and many more
If you are interested in the Disability Assessor position and would like to start an application, then please click here for our latest roles. Alternatively, to find out further information or to have a confidential conversation, please call 0151 556 2090.