Disability Assessor26 Jan, 20184 minutes
About Meridian Business SupportMeridian Business Support is one of the UK's leading provider...
About Meridian Business Support
Meridian Business Support is one of the UK's leading providers of permanent and temporary recruitment to the Nursing, Health, and Social Care sectors, offering bespoke consultancy services to clients and candidates.
Disability Assessor Position
We are currently looking to recruit a Disability Assessor for multiple locations in the South of England. Qualified candidates should hold one of the following professions: Registered Nurse (RGN, RMN, RNLD), Physiotherapist, Occupational Therapist, or Paramedic with at least 2 years of post-graduate experience. The primary role will be to conduct health and disability assessments in line with the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) guidelines for the Personal Independence Payment (PIP).
As part of the Government's welfare reform agenda, the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) has introduced a new benefit called the Personal Independence Payment (PIP), replacing the Disability Living Allowance (DLA). PIP is designed to better reflect today's understanding of disability and focuses on helping with the extra costs that disabled people face to lead independent lives.
- Conduct medical examinations and provide medical advice on capacity for work (PIP assessments) using your clinical skills.
- Work to productivity and quality targets and respond positively to feedback.
- Analyze and interpret clinical information/medical evidence and provide reports in a professional and concise manner.
- Produce succinct, accurate, and comprehensive reports in plain English to enable decision-making and meet a good standard before being forwarded to the client.
You'll benefit from comprehensive training and a full salary from the start, and ongoing CPD support is provided, as is your revalidation and renewal of professional body registration.
The job involves undertaking face-to-face assessments and compiling detailed medical reports, working with people who have a diverse range of health conditions, including physical, sensory, mental health, and cognitive issues.
The starting salary is £33,000.
If you are interested in the Disability Assessor position and would like to have a confidential discussion to find out further details, please apply to this advert or alternatively email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also contact Martyn Cahill at Meridian Business Support on 07500827519.
Disability Assessor | Registered Nurse | Physiotherapist | Paramedic | Occupational Therapist | Disability Analyst
- 21 days leave plus 8 days bank holidays
- Employee Assistance Programme (Validium)
- Buy Additional Leave Scheme
- Westfield Health Cash Plan
- CPD funding for clinical staff
- Access to IPRS Group physio (Canning Town, Norwich, or Fore Street)
- Annual leave increases with completed service
- Childcare vouchers