Have you got experience of being a Planner? If so, we'd really like to hear from you. Our client, a prestigious helicopter manufacturer, based in Yeovil, Somerset is looking for a Project Planner to join their team on a long term temporary contract.
A summary of your role will be to carry out the following tasks (full JD available):
- Design and maintain the project schedule in accordance with the contract ensuring the integrity of data throughout the project life cycle, through direct liaison with all functions.
- Prepare required reports to provide support.
- Identify issues and work with Customer Service Management Team and directly with functions to establish corrective actions
- Maintain and update the programme or project schedule baseline (dates and budgets) to reflect any contracted amendments.
- Direct the timely processing of schedule updates.
- Monitor the accuracy of project schedules and version control changes.
- Identify problems and provide support to improve processes to ensure the integrity of the data.
- Coordinate with the Key Stakeholders customer change proposals, capturing in a register and collating cost impacts for pricing.
Skills and experience required
- Experienced in the planning and scheduling of complex tasks within an aerospace or similar industrial environment.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively within a team setting and also to provide leadership when required.
- Effective and persuasive in building a network of contacts within the company to build strong relationships across performing functional areas.
- Proficient in the use of SAP (ideally) and Microsoft Project (as core planning tool) and other Microsoft packages.
- Excellent analytical and planning skills with good attention to detail.
- Ability to learn quickly and work to tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to maintain a clear focus on goals and priorities.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.