£24000 - £30000 per annum
0118 907 3199
20 days ago
Are you an experienced in purchasing and looking for a new challenge in 2021, want to work in leading UK Automotive company to unitise your experience?
Our client, a UK leading Automotive company, is looking for an experienced Procurement assistant to support all dispatch of inventory, based in Bletchley, Milton Keynes.
- £24,000 - £30,000 – Dependent on experience
- Working Monday to Friday
- Contracted to 40 Hours per week
- 25 days holiday & Pension scheme
As a Procurement assistant, you will be a vital member within our supply chain. You will take ownership of purchasing, supplier selection and supplier relationship management to exceed customer service levels alongside balancing supply and demand into the company.
Using your solid experience within Automotive procurement sector, you will work alongside the procurement manager to support process improvements throughout our process as well as maintaining all record and databases and ensuring the procurement department meets company expectations.
- Negotiate and place orders for raw and non-production materials in conjunction with the Purchasing Manager, amending as required and processing.
- Place orders for production materials under the supervision of the Procurement Manager, amending as required and processing through the computer.
- Liaise with purchase ledger accounts assisting with resolution of queries.
- Liaise with suppliers assisting with the resolution of queries.
- Liaise with any other departments as requested assisting with purchasing queries.
- Update and check on daily basis overdue orders, chase suppliers where necessary, make decisions and take corrective action as required. Seek clarification from Procurement Manager if required.
- General administration duties including filing, photocopying as necessary.
- Maintain all computer and manual records and databases for the purchasing function.
- Deputise for Procurement Manager in their absence.
- Undertake any projects requested by Procurement Manager.
Experience/Skills & Competencies:
- Must have 1 years’ experience within Procurement
- Must have good numerical, analytical skills & an acute attention to detail
- Must have excellent communicating skills both verbal and written.
- Strong IT skills & systems knowledge required
- Must be able to work proactively on independent tasks & deliver projects as part of team.
- Driven by continual improvement and high personal standards
- Experience of working within the Automotive sector is highly desirable
Please apply online today