£20000 - £25000 per annum
13 days ago
Full or Part Time
Meridian are currently recruiting for a well-respected, progressive and market leading solicitors firm based in Taunton. The company is seeking a new Legal Cashier to join their team.
- The processing of client and office accounting transactions including postings and cheque production.
- To undertake daily banking functions including bank reconciliations.
- The processing of bank transfers.
- Run month end procedures.
- The administration and reconciliation of petty cash.
- VAT administration and returns.
- Adhering to Solicitors Accounts Rules, Law Society Rules, Client Care and Money Laundering
- Previous experience in a Legal Cashier role
- It is essential that the candidate has an extensive and up to date knowledge of the Solicitors Accounts Rules
- Knowledge of financial software systems
- Experience of banking and procedures.
- Knowledge of VAT regulations
- Ability to manage workload and work to strict time scales
- Thorough understanding of SRA procedures and HMRC regulations
- Strong IT skills
- Motivated, organised and flexible
- Permanent role
- Monday to Friday (40 hours per week)
- Hours are 08:30- 17:30
- Working from home initially with working in the office in the future
- Induction, training, and support for new team member will be provided
- Competitive salary
- Excellent career prospects in a progressive company
- Free parking on site
- Laptop and phone provided
- 28 days holiday (including Bank Holidays)
- Competitive pension scheme
Click apply now for immediate consideration or email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.