Kingston Upon Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire
21 days ago
Meridian are looking for an experienced Control Systems Engineer to deliver specialist Emerson Delta V support and would include the development of hardware and software solutions for existing and new plants.
This position is available in either an initial 12 month contract basis or permanent employment.
The Technical skills required for the role are as follows:
- Educated to degree level within EC&I discipline or HNC with work experience.
- High levels of experience with Emerson Delta V and SIS (preferable) working on live systems and developing systems from scratch
- Experience around hazardous areas/equipment, safety instrumentation, DCS/PLC based control systems and electrical drives/controls
- PLC/HMI Programming of Siemens, Mitsubishi, Allen Bradley control systems
- Hardware selection and specification
- Design, construction, wiring, commissioning of modifications associated with control systems.
- Devise and implement control strategies.
Our Client would be extremely interested in strong levels of experience in the below:
- Functional Safety Training / Qualification
- ATEX/DSEAR Training / Qualification
- Ability to develop new control systems and software from scratch
- Ability to diagnose and fault find existing control systems and software
- Experience within the chemical industry
- Commission equipment in the field.
- Carry out feasibility studies on behalf of Clients and recommends courses of action in order for client to overcome plant and control problems.
- Experience and thorough knowledge of other DCS systems (and the ability to assimilate quickly through training)
If this role would be of interest please either attach your CV or call Meridian
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.