The Technical Sales Support Department in UK Supply is looking for a creative and enthusiastic individual to support Operating Companies worldwide with product, technical, applications and commercial support to maximise sales and business opportunities. This is a customer facing role within the Products & Applications Team.
This role is based in Cheltenham and offers an attractive remuneration package with a competitive salary and comprehensive range of benefits including company pension scheme, life insurance, private health care.
Reporting to the Technical Sales Support Manager you will become a technical point of contact between UK Supply and our network of world-wide sales companies. Your main duties will include (not exclusively):
- advising on the selection, sizing and operation of products;
- advice on applications and industry related issues;
- analysis of product ranges;
- understanding competitors’ products; and
- professional promotion of our products, including the preparation of literature and training
In addition to the duties indicated above the Company reserves the right to require you to undertake other reasonable duties from time to time, aiming to add value and achieve customer satisfaction with our products and their delivery to market.
Ideally you will have a minimum of HNC/HND (or equivalent) in electronic/electrical/mechatronics engineering or a relevant engineering related discipline. We are specifically looking to strengthen our support for new technology products and so experience with industrial electronic products & communication protocols including HART®, Profibus, Wireless HART®, ZigBee Pro, ISA100 or other industrial wireless communications would be an advantage.
The ideal candidate will also possess the following attributes:
- knowledge of steam systems;
- excellent organisational and communication skills;
- a team player with strong interpersonal skills;
- resourceful, creative and able to act on their own initiative;
- self-motivated with a proactive attitude;
- a desire to make a difference; and
- a customer focused outlook, as you will “host” customers visiting UK Supply
The role may require travel overseas and applicants should also have a full driving licence.
Please email John West at firstname.lastname@example.org to apply for this role