Meridian Education specialises in recruiting teachers, SEN specialists, nursery & support staff into schools, nurseries and colleges throughout the UK.
We recruit for the following education jobs:
- Newly qualified teachers - In all subject areas and disciplines.
- Secondary teachers - All subjects upto GCSE and A-Level including key shortage areas such as Science, Mathematics and English.
- Primary teachers - Foundation and nursery, Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2.
- Special needs teachers and assistants
- Senior management - Headteachers, Deputies and Heads of Departments
- Nursery nurses
- Nursery assistants
- Teaching assistants
- Exam invigilators
- Cover supervisors
- Technicians - Science, Art, D & T and ICT
If you are interested in registering with Meridian Education, why not click on register online and one of our specially trained consultants will take care of all your personal requirements, or alternatively email your cv to your local office by clicking on locations where you will find the details you require.
What happens next?
Once you have uploaded your details onto the system or contacted your local office, we will contact you to arrange a face to face interview when convenient for you.
The interview will take approximately 1 hour and you will be required to provide certain documents in order to complete your registration, please see below:
- 2 x Passport photos
- 2 x Proof of identity – passport, birth/marriage certificate, utility bills dated within 3 months of registration, proof of NI number.
- 2 x Proof of address – utility bills or bank statements within 3 months of registration.
- Qualification verification – certificates must be originals
- Minimum of 2 reference checks
- International Police check from country of origin (if applicable)
- Visa details, right to work (where applicable)
- GTCw/GTCe documentation
Working With Us
Once you have completed your registration with us and all the relevant checks have been, Meridian Education offers you a number of benefits including:
- Day-to-day, long term or permanent positions to suit your requirements
- Flexible working
- Excellent rates of pay
- National network of offices
- Weekly pay – in partnership with Esentual, for more info click on ESENTUAL.
- Expert Career advice
- Local area advice
- Free internet and resource access
- £150 ‘Recommend a Teacher’ reward scheme
- 24 hour, 7 day a week service
- Regular Networking Events
Working for Meridian Education not only allows you to work at your own flexible pace with the most competitive rates of pay but you will also be paid weekly by BACs transfer into your bank account.
You are paid on a PAYE basis unless you decide to opt for our partnership scheme with ESENTUAL (please see ESENTUAL).
At Meridian we have adopted a procedure where you as the candidate will not be required to complete weekly timesheets. The work you carry out is agreed by the school and your consultant.
You will receive a weekly payslip which is available as a paper document or you can choose to view it online.
If you choose to view it online your consultant will provide you with the relevant details once you completed your first days work and your payroll number has been issued.
Meridian Education works in partnership with an external payroll provider, ESENTUAL. This offers you a way of off-setting legitimate expenses against your income. Being paid this way enables you to benefit from your site based status as a temporary worker and results in an increase in your weekly take-home pay.
For further information please contact your nearest branch.