Meridian Built Environment is a Recruitment partner to NG Bailey. John Anderson the Head of Employment, Relations & Policy sat down with us and explained why NG Bailey continues to use Meridian.
Profile: NG Bailey are the UK’s leading independent engineering, IT and facilities services business with a deserved reputation for excellence and a commitment to the highest possible standards.
Employing a skilled and motivated workforce and with an annual turnover of £450m, NG Bailey provide public and private sector clients with a fully-integrated consultative approach to bringing buildings to life through all stages of construction, occupation and lifecycle.
See below for the type of jobs we have available for NG Bailey.
Mobile Fire Alarm Engineer
Based Tunbridge Wells / Crawley
£26k-28k salary plus car
To provide Service support for fire alarm systems with maintenance and fault finding experience, also having qualifications within the electrical sector to assist with electrical maintenance and fault finding within the commercial (Office accommodation) and retail sectors (Supermarkets / Retail Outlets).
- Completion of fire alarm certification, emergency lighting certification and issue of detailed defects reporting
- Fault finding diagnostic maintenance
- Software upgrades
- Undertake maintenance and diagnostic repairs to electrical / distribution and lighting systems
- Issue Statutory Certification including details of any deviations
- Providing Service Support as part of a team delivering Quality Service Delivery 24/7 – 365 days, being part of the ‘Out of Hours’ emergency rota team
To avoid disruption to our clients business operations, some work is prior to store opening and closing hours and upon occassions night work is required to support the existing team; therefore flexibility will be required.
Circa £35k inclusive of shift premium
Multi skilled Technicians for blueprint project in Aylesbury. This is a highly technical project so would suit people with a genuine interest in proactive planned maintenance and can contribute to the aim of reaching world class status (85% planned, 15% reactive).
- Boiler experience critical – looking after 2 x Cochran Thermax Steam Boilers 6,800kg/hr, they’ll need operators certs (Cochran ideal not essential)
- Experience with water and refrigeration and HVAC systems is essential
- Experience with AD systems would be useful as there will be one of Veolia’s on site
- Familiarity with CHP plant would be handy, they’ll be looking after 2 x 2 MW plants (though a 3rd party will maintain them)
- HV Switch experience would be a bonus as that’s likely to be a development area
- The CHP plant 28 cylinder diesel engines run on natural gas and bio gas, experience not essential but useful
- Familiarity with FMECA would also be a bonus as this approach is likely to be introduced on site
- Responsible for all ppm and reactive work delivery other than to the building
To register your interest for any of these positions please register your CV.