- Overall responsibility for site security. Includes call out where required on alarm activations or other issues.
- Overall responsibility for site Health & Safety, involvement in the group Health and Safety Committee, responsible for execution of emergency plan if required. Participation in the development of risk assessments, safe systems of work and ensuring full compliance with them.
- Overall responsibility for daily inspections and safe use of all safety critical equipment, e.g. forklifts, racking and machines.
- Overall responsibility for the management of all site operations staff, performance management, training and development, multi-skilling team members, driving and developing continuous improvement culture, conducting return to work interviews & taking disciplinary action where required.
- Total responsibility for ensuring operations team members are trained and competent to carry out requested duties, ensure skills matrix and training and development records are up to date.
- Conduct regular PDR's with all team members; ensure effective and efficient communication takes place regularly with all operations team members.
- Work closely with other branch work managers and supervisors, driving a one operations team culture.
- Overall responsibility for quality on site, execution and adherence to group quality practices and procedures. Direct involvement in the group Quality Kaizen team.
- Development of standard operating procedures, ensuring team members are trained in their execution and adhere to them.
- Total responsibility for our Lean Manufacturing & Operations Management strategy, execution of planned improvement activities.
- Completion of agreed Works manager Standard Work, 6S audits, Gemba Walks, production and maintenance of Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) and visual management systems and processes.
- Overall responsibility for production planning & control activities, plan and schedule production of orders against different work centres to meet customer delivery requirements.
- Overall responsibility for production of goods against work orders ensuring that company and customer quality, health and safety, environmental and procedural requirements are met in the most effective and efficient way, communicating any issues to relevant colleagues.
- Establishment of site production capacity by machine or process, collect data on production activity to continually keep this updated.
- Use actual production data to manage performance of people machines and drive continuous improvement.
- Ensuring all work orders are despatched in a timely manner to meet customer delivery dates.
- Ensuring that all work equipment, machinery, fork lift trucks and vehicles are fully maintained, serviced, calibrated & operated in an effective manner in accordance with company quality, health and safety, environmental and procedural requirements including daily check sheets.
- Controlling and requisitioning, receipt, storage & issue of operations materials, consumables, packaging materials and miscellaneous items.
- Total responsibility for stock management & control, maintaining stock and location accuracy, managing stock checks.
- Total responsibility for scrap segregation, accurate weight collection and ensuring scrap is loaded and all paperwork accurately collated and handed to accounts, conduct end of month scrap stock checks
- Total responsibility for controlling all site overhead costs within budget and driving cost reduction.
- Over seeing transport operations, ensuring accurate execution of daily activities and compliance with legal requirements.
- Ensuring all other company policies and procedures are adhered to and are communicated to all operations staff.
- Transit driving where requested following all driver legal and procedural requirements
- Other site work managers
- Shift supervisors all sites
- Warehouse operatives
- Operations director
- Managing director
- Finance Director
- Quality manager
- Health and safety manager
- Sales Team
Skills and Experience
- Time served robust demonstrable background & experience of operations management & manufacturing
- Strong man management skills and experience
- Excellent level of education, e.g. A-Level or above.
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Excellent level of IT skills in a range of packages and ability to produce data and statistics.
- Excellent level of written and spoken English
- 100% integrity
- Reliable, excellent punctuality and attendance record
- Flexibility to work at different branches around UK where required.
- Well organised, good planning skills.
- Ability to work without daily management, using own initiative.
- A positive, Can do, Do it now, Continuous Improvement, lead by best practice example mind set.
- High level of self confidence, ability to brief groups of people etc.
- Lean manufacturing knowledge and experience
- Full UK driving license
- Forklift license
- Experience of ISO 9001 & AS9100
- Experience of operating metal saws
- Experience of machine maintenance
- Metals experience
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.