Our client has an immediate requirement for an experienced Hard Services Working Supervisor to join them on a permanent basis. Based in a large commercial building in Slough, the successful candidate will be working with the Operations Manager to ensure the Building is running smoothly. Ideally electrically or mechanically biased, this is a diverse role based in a static site.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist Operations Manager with all daily tasks
- Take an active role in the scheduling of hard services reactive works requests assisting the Operations Controller
- Assist and support all engineers with work tasks on a daily basis.
- Responsible for maintaining the steam plant as per industry regulations and report any defects to your line manager
- Take on an active role issuing and accepting permits for staff and external contractors
- Ensuring conformity of permits, method statements and risk assessments
- Supervise staff and contractors working on site, reporting any Health & Safety breaches to the line manager
- Flexible and adaptable in your approach to work
- Parts ordering, sourcing and collection for your own work and other engineers
- Visit additional sites prior to engineers attending to carry out risk assessments and method statements
- Assist Operations Manager and Project Manager on an ad-hoc basis during specific project work
- Dealing with any customer complaints or issues and report to line manager when required
- Liaise with scheduler and engineers for all work related tasks
- Take an active role in staff training, Health & Safety and tool box talks on a rota
- Assist the operations controller with asset management
- Assist with paperwork collation between engineers and scheduler.
- Take a passive role in disciplinary proceedings, but support line manager when required
This is a large site, so a full driving licence is essential as you will be required to use a pool car. The client is also responsible for two sites in Didcot and Southampton which you may be required to visit
This is an excellent opportunity for a proven Electrical/Mechanical Supervisor to take the next step in their career. Our client is hoping to interview week commencing 25th April so please apply by return.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.