Welding Technician urgently required for a fast paced and growing manufacturer in Birmingham.
You will be responsible for:-
- ensuring day to day quality/production targets are maintained on robot cells (including re-pointing and repairs)
- ensuring day to day quality/production targets are maintanined on all pedestral welders.
- ensuring all poke yoke systems are in good working order and all challenge procedures are carried out.
- Assisting Project Engineers in the installation and commissioning of all robot cells.
- Assisting Project Engineers in the process capability of components being Welded/Riveting.
- Assisting quality on all customer concerns and implement 8D improvements.
- Re-point/adjusting robots as and when necessary to ensure quality and quantity.
- Attending all equipment breakdowns and resolve or escalate problems where applicable.
- Developing and maintaining breakdown records on all process equipment.
- Developing and maintaining equipment TPM on all processes.
- Modifying equipment programs as and when required to maintain quality.
- Continually look at ways to reduce costs through continuous improvement (cycle times/process methods)
- Assisting when required with all project commissioning to ensure quality and run at rate is achieved.
- Assisting with pre production trials as and when required to ensure all trails achieve the objectives.
You will be required to work nights.
This is a temporary to permanent position for the right candidate.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Business.