2 x Permanent Vacancies
A long-established, prestigious specialist manufacturing engineering firm in Cheltenham, Gloucestershire that is enjoying a sustained period of continuing success, is looking to add an additional two new team members to the team to enable them to keep up with a healthy order book as a valued team member takes up the opportunity to enjoy retirement.
Offering a competitive salary, a market leading pension, bonus and health care benefits, this is a rare opportunity to join one of the most admired companies in the UK, a business investing heavily in their UK operation.
Are you an experienced, skilled welder looking for the next step in your career?
Perhaps you've got a couple of years' welding under your belt and you're looking for a company to nurture your talent?
Maybe you've been working as a contractor and now you're hoping to join a business on a permanent basis where your skills will make a big difference?
If these questions have struck a chord with you then please do read on, perhaps this job is for you!
The responsibilities of this role will include (not exclusively):
- working from engineering drawings to complete positional MIG/TIG & MMA welds on stainless and carbon steel on pipework and pressure vessels
- marking out, plasma cutting, oxy-acetylene cutting, grinding and drilling as required
- operating a pendant overhead crane to move materials and finished fabrications
- recognising and contributing to productivity improvements
You will need to have the following skills and attributes:
- welding experience on MIG & TIG processes, working to weld procedures
- familiarity with engineering and fabrication drawings
- experience of working in a fabrication environment and skilled in working on pipework
- positive, customer-focused and an ambassador for the work of the department
It would be ideal if you have been coded to ASME IX standards in the past but this not essential as we will certainly consider you as a candidate if you can demonstrate your capabilities.
Rate of pay
Very competitive pay rate to reflect your skill and ability.
Market leading benefits package to include:
- excellent pension
- private medical cover
- life assurance
- share scheme and bonus scheme
- 25 days holiday, rising to 27 days holiday with long service plus paid bank holidays
- modern, clean working environment
- free on-site parking
- subsidised site restaurant
- an early finish on Fridays and
- a warm welcome!
For more information or to apply for this role, please either submit your details to this advertisement or contact Tom Andrews on 01242 533514 or email@example.com. Twitter: @RecruiterTom Linked In: www.linkedin.com/in/tomwandrews/
Please be assured that any conversation we may have will be held in strict confidence.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Commutable from: Tewkesbury, Evesham, Gloucester, Stroud, Stonehouse, Nailsworth, Cirencester and surrounding areas
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.