Our client is part of a global group with a strong heritage in providing services for communities and businesses. Our vision is to be the environmental company of choice, delivering change for a sustainable future.
To make our skills and expertise easily accessible to our customers, our business is grouped into five core services:
Municipal services - household waste collection, street cleansing, parks and gardens maintenance.
Business waste solutions -waste collection and recycling services for small and large companies.
Recycling - material recycling facilities, household waste recycling centers.
Green energy recovery of energy from waste.
Waste Processing -industrial waste treatment, hazardous wastes and landfill disposal.
We operate over 200 facilities in England, Scotland and Wales and employ around 2,500 employees. We recycle 1.2 million tonnes of waste each year.
FCC Environment is part of the FCC Group which is a leading international infrastructure, environmental services and green energy company present in more than 50 countries with 90,000 employees.
To ensure that all vehicles at weekends carrying waste or recyclables are weighed on entering and exiting the facility in accordance with all Group policies, and in compliance with all statutory regulations and requirements. During the week supporting the site with general maintenance tasks, weighbridge cover and mobile plant work for holiday / sickness cover.
- To operate the weighbridge systems in accordance with the Duty of Care regulations, waste management permit and Group policies & procedures, and maintain reliable, adequate and accurate records thereof * To be aware of, and conversant with, the relevant details of the waste management permit, integrated management system, risk assessments, COSHH assessments, emergency procedures and other relevant health & safety and environmental documents as directed by the site management. * To protect the company's ability to trade by ensuring compliance with relevant legislation at all times and especially that concerning health and safety in the workplace and the 'Duty of Care'. * To ensure that equipment is maintained as specified and the appropriate records are completed * To be courteous to customers at all times, thereby providing exemplary customer service. * To assist customers wherever safe, practical and necessary. * To provide a prompt & efficient service to haulage sub-contractors and to assist them wherever safe, practical and necessary. * To report to the site management any breach of rules, act of dishonesty, malpractice or corruption by any member of the public, visitor to the site, or member of staff.
- To undertake maintenance and cleaning tasks around the site including some grounds maintenance, litter picking, tidying of facility
- To cover other members of the team during holiday periods or during absence on the weighbridge or with mobile plant cover * To undertake any other duties reasonably requested by FCC management, including working at other sites including the nearby Household Waste Recycling Centre
Qualifications and Experience
- Proven written and oral communication skills. * IT literate (some previous use of Microsoft Office packages essential) and have good numerical skills
Mobile plant experience (loading shovel or telehandler) would be desirable but not essential and training would be provided to a successful candidate
An honest, hardworking person who can use his/her initiative to maintain operations within a group of Transfer Stations according with FCC standards.
* Responsible and reliable with a friendly and professional manner to customers and visitors
Good timekeeping is essential
Location - High Heavens Waste Transfer Station, nr Marlow, Bucks
Working days are Wednesday - Friday (DAY) Saturday AM, Sunday AM (Sunday hours at double time)
The is a requirement to work some full Saturdays or Bank Holidays during the year to provide the council service and also to support the site by working overtime when needed
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.