I am currently looking for a weigh bridge operative to work onsite at one of my clients in Liverpool.
To ensure that the Company pursues best practice with regards its policies and procedures, development of industrial relations and legislative compliance within an open and empowered culture.
- To assist site management to control and co-ordinate a safe and efficient operation of site in accordance with management instructions, health & safety and legislative requirements such as working plans, planning permissions, waste management permit etc.
- To be aware of, and conversant with, the relevant details of the waste management permit, integrated management system, risk assessments, COSHH assessments, emergency procedures and other relevant health & safety and environmental documents as directed by the site management.
- To protect the company's ability to trade by ensuring compliance with relevant legislation at all times and especially that concerning health and safety in the workplace and the 'Duty of Care'.
- To ensure that equipment is maintained as specified and the appropriate records are completed.
- To operate the weighbridge systems in accordance with the Duty of Care regulations, waste management permit and Group policies & procedures, and maintain reliable, adequate and accurate records thereof.
- To be courteous to customers at all times, thereby providing exemplary customer service.
- To assist customers wherever safe, practical and necessary.
- To provide a prompt & efficient service to haulage sub-contractors and to assist them wherever safe, practical and necessary.
- To report to the site management any breach of rules, act of dishonesty, malpractice or corruption by any member of the public, visitor to the site, or member of staff.
- To undertake any other duties reasonably requested by management, including working at other sites and assisting with recycling.
Qualifications and Experience (preferred)
- Good timekeeping is essential.
- Proven written and oral communication skills.
- IT literate and have good numerical skills.
- Need to be adaptable and show that they can deal with any new operational problems as they arise and, be able to operate as part of a larger team.
- Be able to embrace change, flexible in their approach, committed to finding more cost effective ways of doing things and be able to put them into practice.
- An honest, hardworking person who can use his/her initiative to maintain operations within a group of Transfer Stations according with the clients standards.
- Responsible, accountable and performance driven.
- Comfortable dealing with staff, peers and external contacts.
To apply for this role please email your CV to shughes @ meridianbs.co.uk
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.