If you're an experienced Water Pump Installation and Service Engineer and would like to work within the water borehole and pumping renewable industry, this could be the perfect role for you. You will be required to attend sites where our Drilling Engineers have drilled boreholes, and to provide a one stop solution for our customers. This will include installing water pumping systems (by lowering the equipment down the outdoor, deep borehole), setting up and commissioning water treatment schemes, storage and booster pumps within purpose built plant rooms and kiosks. You will work out of our clients office in East Devon, and be required to travel to various sites throughout the UK (but predominantly in the South of England, London and the Home Counties). You will also be expected to carry out annual servicing of existing systems, attend breakdowns and work with the drilling crews when required.
- Taking natural water from within the borehole and treating with the relevant equipment to turn the supply in to a potable drinking water supply. This would include the use of ultra violet units and filters.
- Install borehole pumps, delivery pipe and electrical cables in to borehole.
- Installing water treatment equipment, pressure systems and storage tanks when required
- Installing booster pump systems, creating a piping networks between each item and associated valves, gauges and fitting
- Commissioning equipment to desired flow rates
- Administration requirements
- A minimum of 3 -5 year's experience in a relevant discipline.
- Experience of pipe fitting (plastic and MDPE but not Copper)
- Knowledge of pressure pump systems
- Basic electrical wiring practices
- Basic mechanical pump systems
- Basic water treatment systems
- Full driving licence
- An organised and self disciplined manner
- An ability to engage with customers on site
- An ability to work outdoors, to travel with some overnight stays
- Full driving license
Working Hours: 8-5 Monday to Friday
To apply, or to find out more information, please click on one of the "apply" buttons
Please note that due to a high level of applications, we can only respond immediately to applicants whose skills & qualifications are suitable for this position.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.