Duration: Initially 2 Months, may extend to 6 Months.
Hours of work:
Mon - Thurs 08.30hrs to 17.30hrs
Fri 08.30hrs to 17.00hrs
Main purpose of role:
To ensure an excellent standard of waste control and housekeeping across the site, both internally and externally, ensuring that all forms of waste are handled correctly and safely in accordance with Company policy and procedures.
- To cooperate with the EHS & Facilities Manager and site management in ensuring that the waste operation is carried out safely and efficiently.
- To carry out all operations in accordance with the standard work instructions supplied.
- Sorting waste into separate, pure waste streams where possible (ie, cardboard, paper, aluminum, wood, plastic, etc).
- To ensure that hazardous waste is identified, segregated from normal waste and handled appropriately, including empty containers that have previously contained hazardous substances / materials.
- To ensure that any significant accumulations of clinical waste are disposed of in accordance with the work instructions and regulations.
- To ensure that any unsafe acts or conditions are reported appropriately and promptly.
- To ensure that the correct PPE for the tasks being undertaken are worn.
- To operate machinery only where trained to do so.
- To carry out reasonable tasks that fall within the Operator's competency and capabilities as directed.
- To adhere to Company and HR policies and procedures, plant wide safety rules and employee rules of conduct.
- Good understanding of COSHH and CHIP Regulations
- Understanding of & compliance to manual handling techniques
- Understanding of & compliance to waste storage & handling processes and procedures
- Understanding of spills management
- Where appropriate to be able to safely operate Fork Lift Trucks used on site (RTITB FLT counter balance certificate must be held)
- Understand the Waste Operating System and the Waste Management Storage and Standards
- Thorough knowledge of equipment used (e.g. Compactor, Baling machine and FLT etc).
- Operate cleaning equipment and waste processing equipment safely
- Understands "Control of Substances Hazardous to Health" (COSHH) and "Chemical Hazards and Information for Supply" CHIP regulations at a level commensurate with the tasks performed in respect of the identifying, safe handling and storing of hazardous materials around site
In addition you will be required to assist in the basic maintenance of our trolleys and ideally must have "hand tools" experience.
If interested in the advertised role and would like to know more. Please call Craig at Meridian on 02920 347923 or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.