I have an excellent opportunity for a Warehouse Supervisor to work with a professional team within a growing business in Yeovil
My client is sole distributor of branded hand tools, power tools, fixings and adhesives to retailers, wholesalers and merchants throughout Europe. Based in Yeovil, my client operates from a purpose-built distribution centre. Since 1999, their philosophy of supplying the market with over 5,000 tools has earned my client an unrivalled industry reputation.
The Warehouse Supervisor will support the warehouse management team in the day-to-day running of the warehouse ensuring that all activities are fulfilled efficiently and effectively.
- Plan and supervise staff within a dedicated area of the warehouse operation.
- Performance management
- Ensure efficient running of the automated system
- Communicate staff and production problems to warehouse management.
- Ensure Health & Safety legal requirements are complied
- Conduct team meetings when necessary and relay feedback to warehouse
- Participate in training sessions and the induction of new
- Ensure housekeeping is kept to a high standard at all
- Assist with supervision of additional staff in absence of Manager(s).
- Any other ad-hoc duties as and when required ensuring effectiveness and efficiency at all times
- Managing Oneself: The ability to achieve performance through personal organisation, showing confidence in one's skills, capability, judgement and self control In stressful
- Supervisory Experience: Must be able to demonstate supervisory experience in a previous role
- Achievement Drive: The drive and tenacity to achieve quality performance and to see a job or project through to final completion to the hi
- Influencing: The ability to persuade others to a particular course of action or viewpoint whilst respecting their concerns, motives or feelings.
- Initiative: The ability to spot and seize opportunities and to act without being told.
- Communication: The ability to receive, understand and convey information and ideas effectively, using skills in oral and written communication and presentation.
Please apply now for immediate interview.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.