My client, a well known Manufacturing and Home Improvement Company, based in Wakefield are looking for an experienced Warehouse Shift Supervisor to join their ever growing staff force.
The main duties for this role are:
- To be responsible for the day to day organisation of products by maintaining work flow, monitoring steps of the process, observing control points and equipment and monitoring personnel and resources.
- Implementing cost reductions and developing reporting procedures and systems
- Developing co-operation within and between departments to achieve improvements to the Warehouse process.
- To be responsible for the day to day movement of products, ensuring products are organised in Warehouse ready for customer delivery dates.
- To maintain quality of product throughout.
- To ensure the company's Health and Safety policy and safe working practices are constantly and consistently observed by all personnel whilst working on the shift.
- To be the main point of contact for the duration of the shift for departmental managers to gain updates on status of product location
The ideal candidate for this role must have:
- Experience of the Logistics industry with sound working knowledge and experience of working in a fast moving company.
- Solid Warehouse experience with the ability to implement new initiatives and effective processes.
- Previous supervisor experience, with the ability to coach and mentor staff team.
- Qualified to NVQ level 3 in Supervisory management or a willingness to undertake this qualification.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills.
- The ability to demonstrate effective time management and prioritise tasks.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate with managers, employees and customers.
- Good people management skills with the ability to motivate and mentor your team, undertake regular reviews with individuals, deliver team meetings and undertake yearly appraisals.
- The ability to ensure processes are adhered to and results are delivered.
- Good IT skills.
- A strong team player with an open minded can do attitude and a willingness to try new ideas.
- Highly motivated with the ability to prioritise and manage own workload when working to tight deadlines.
The successful candidate will be required to work from Monday to Friday on rotating shifts 6am to 2pm and 2pm to 10pm. However some degree of flexibility will be needed as the successful candidate may be required to work 7am to 4pm with a need to cover the back shift when required.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.