Tasks and Responsibilities
As a Warehouse Operative you may be asked to work in various areas of the building, the main departments being Inbound and Outbound. Tasks may include:
* Efficiently and effectively receiving & storing goods inwards following our clients internal processes & procedures and using radio frequency (RF) scanners
* Pick our customer orders ensuring a high level of quality and productivity
* Accurately pack and ship our customer orders to ensure we meet customer's high expectations
* Accurately pick products to ensure we meet customer's high expectations, potentially on a multi-level mezzanine
* Accurately read instructions from a scanner
* Relocate products using forklifts, pump truck and power pallet truck
* Consistently achieve Minimum Acceptable Performance Standard (MAPS) set for your department
* Adhere to strict safety, quality and production standards
Physical Demands - The role involves the following physical demands on a daily basis:
* Standing and/or walking for long periods of between 8 and 12 hours per shift (flex and part-time shifts may vary)
* Lifting and moving products up to 15kg in weight
* Lifting, bending, reaching above the head, kneeling, crouching, and/or stretching for 8 to 12 hours per shift (flex and part-time shifts may vary)
* Pushing and pulling product up to 15kg in weight for 8 to 12 hours per shift (flex and part-time shifts may vary)
* Manual dexterity of both hands and wrists
* Working on a secure mezzanine at a height of between 9 to 12 metres (equivalent to a 3 or 4 storey building)
* Regularly climbing and descending four flights of stairs safely
The more specific duties in each department are as follows-
Dock: offloading goods from vehicles or sorting.
Receive: bringing items into the building and checking what has been received from suppliers and vendors.
Stow: placing the items in a specific place until they are ordered by a customer.
Picking: selecting items for a customer order.
Packing: packing the items to be shipped to a customer.
Shipping: preparing freight for dispatch and loading vehicles.
There are various shifts available and will include weekends. Candidates will be able to state their preferences as part of an online assessment (conducted at the first stage of the application process).
Also as part of the application process, candidates will need to undergo drugs tests & criminal records checks.
To apply for this position, please call 0161 872 4389.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Business.