Our client is looking for a Goods in Operative to work at their site based at Team Valley on a temp to perm basis at a rate of £8.85 per hour.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Accurate picking, packing and vehicle loading of retail food orders.
- Unloading, accurate checking and storage of inbound frozen and ambient food product.
- Care and use of various items of manual handling equipment (FLT and Ride-On pallet trucks)
- Active engagement in the development of company procedures, working practices and continuous improvement and open feedback on Health and Safety issues.
- Ensures vehicle maximum payloads are not exceeded and that loads are secure.
- Ability to work as part of a team and to understand and follow instruction.
- Able to plan and organise own workload.
- Possesses understanding of WMS and Pick and Pack technologies and ability to continuously improve own knowledge base and skills.
- Possesses awareness of Health and Safety regulations relating to warehouse operations (Manual Handling,Risk Assessments, Accident Investgation and Near Misses).
- Possesses good communication skills and a "can do" attitude.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products Excel and Word.
- Work experience in relevant industry (e.g Food Retail, Chilled and Ambient Distribution, Express Distribution and Warehousing.)
- Reach or Counterbalance Forklift licence and experience.
- Must be willing to work additional hours which will include night work and occasional weekend working.
- To comply with all Company policies and procedures and deliver within the standards of all certification bodies ie: ISO 9001 Quality, ISO 14001 Environmental & BRC (where applicable).
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.