Job Title: Programme Management Office Lead
Salary: £32,164 - £36,019
Project length: Until 31st March 2018
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Programme Manager to manage the merger of two organisations based in Somerset.
The main focus of this role is in implementing a comprehensive Programme Management Office (PMO) function and maintaining effective programme governance which will be central to the successful delivery of the programme.
Reporting to the Assistant Director Transformation, and working closely with Corporate Transformation Leads and other professional advisors (both internal and external), you will lead on all programme management governance activities and management of the associated administration.
- Lead on and manage the programme office and programme governance functions (the PMO Function) for the Corporate Transformation Programme to ensure the delivery of significant transformation benefits.
- Ensure appropriate alignment and coordination between the various workstreams and projects which make up the Transformation Programme to ensure the delivery of a coordinated vision and outcomes.
- Develop, maintain and manage the Programme governance processes ensuring the appropriate involvement of and reporting to Members, the Joint Management Team (JMT) and external stakeholders.
- Ensure the ongoing identification, realisation, monitoring and reporting of the key benefits delivered by the Transformation Programme ensuring the proactive identification and management of key risks to the delivery of the Programme.
- To actively participate and promote a "one team" culture, promoting and supporting the values and achievements to staff, partners and the wider community.
- To attend relevant meetings as required and be a member of working groups where necessary.
- Support the implementation of new practices and technologies to continuously develop services ensuring good value for money.
- To manage performance through coaching and develop a coaching culture within teams/services.
- The post holder will need to make themselves available out of hours should this be required to assist in the response to an emergency situation, major civil contingencies or internal Business Continuity issue.
The successful candidate will need to be experienced in programme/project management and have a good understanding of the principles and application of established programme/project management methodology.
This position is advertised on a contract basis ending 31st March 2018.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Business.