Are you an experienced Van Driver, who has other qualities to offer your employer, such as pro-activity, good IT skills and the ability to provide excellent levels of customer service? Are you seeking a more varied position, working for a large group?
If so, we are seeking a self-motivated candidate to assist our client's Depot Manager in the day to day running of the branch, carrying out a variety of duties and assisting customers with their requirements.
The ideal candidate will have experience of both van driving and stores work, alongside a good level of physical health and the willingness to turn their hand to any reasonable task required of them, in support of the business.
Reporting directly to the Depot Manager, this is a full time, permanent role that will involve:
- Delivering goods to customers as required
- Maintaining an excellent working relationship with all customers and colleagues.
- Making sure that all goods in are placed in the relevant depot racking and grouped appropriately, in an organised manner.
- Ensuring all goods received are checked, signed for and the relevant paperwork filed as per operational procedures.
- Ensuring any stock shortages/issues are to be reported immediately to the Depot Manager.
- Ensuring that all goods delivered or collected from each depot are dealt with as per company procedures, despatch notes must be signed for by each customer and all paperwork returned to the Depot Manager.
- Collecting payments from customers while delivering is as directed by the Depot Manager, any cash / cheques collected should be receipted to the customer in their duplicate book.
- Carry out banking duties as directed by the Depot Manager.
- To be of smart appearance wearing the company uniform and any safety equipment that is provided to them
- Ensure that any company vehicles provided to you are regularly maintained and kept in a clean condition.
- Previous experience in van driving & stores duties
- Good IT skills
- Self motivated
- Good level of physical fitness
- Customer service driven
- Proactive attitude to work
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.