Are you an experienced, positive and diligent Van Driver, seeking the opportunity to join a leading UK Group? Do you pride yourself on providing excellent levels of customer service at all times and welcome a varied role, where you will be part of a friendly team? Would you like a role that doesn't involve weekend work?
If so, we are seeking a candidate like you for a permanent opportunity, based in Southampton. This is a full time role and hours of work are 8am - 5pm, Monday to Friday.
The successful candidate will have experience of driving a 3.5T Van, alongside excellent communication skills. You will be reliable, pro-active and have a flexible approach to your workload. Ideally, you will also hold a valid CPC, enabling you to help out with moving other vehicles on site.
Joining this large group, who value their employees offers excellent opportunity for development to those who show willing, capability and potential.
Please note that any offer of employment for the role of Driver will be subject to a satisfactory DBS check & drugs and alcohol screening.
- Carry out daily vehicle checks
- Load and unload trucks with product, ensuring load is correctly stored and secured prior to departure
- Ensure tachograph laws are observed and adhered to at all times
- Ensure goods are checked against despatch notes whilst unloading
- Assist depot manager when required to ensure the smooth running of the depot
- Report any vehicle faults as soon as possible
- Cash collection from customers
- Previous experience in a driving role, and have a full UK driving licence (ideally coupled with a CPC)
- A mature and professional attitude when dealing with customers
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.