Meridian Business Support are currently recruiting on behalf of their client, for a Valve Workshop Supervisor to start February 2016 and local to the Falkirk area.
This role is a possible temp to perm contract for a well known mechanical company and will be reporting to the Workshop Technical Services Manager.
Hours will be guaranteed a minimum of 38 hours per week, with more required during shutdown season.
- Maintain HSE practices in line with company policies and procedures including "Take 5's"
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with new and existing clients
- Generate and maintain a culture of continuous improvement
- Maintain and develop quality management policies and procedures
- Supervise and control daily work objectives in the Valve Centre including same day priorities
- Receive the work packs from the Valve Centre Planner
- Day to day problem solving - both technical and resource
- Identify spare parts requirements on job cars and liaise with procurement
- Management equipment of Calibration Register
- Close liaison with Valve Centre Spares Planner
- Close liaison with Procurement for current and future needs
- Close liaison with Stores Management
- Co-ordinate machining and welding activities
Qualifications & Experience
- Relevant experience in valve overhaul environment (anticipated to be around 5 years)
- Relevant technical knowledge of valves
- IT literate
- Workshop management
- Client representative
- Valve Centre Planner
- Sub contractors
If you fit the relevant 5 years minimum experience, please apply with an updated, relevant CV.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Business.