This well established, UK Manufacturer of high end, quality household furniture is seeking a hands on, experienced senior production manager who has the ability to quickly take up a full Director role. You will come from a hands on furniture making / upholstery background, but have proven people management and strategic commercial management skills.
- The post requires a strong ability to focus on quality, safety, cost and production efficiency, on time delivery, yet at the same time have the ability to deliver business improvement. You will oversee the use of labour (70 staff), equipment and materials to ensure maximum efficiency's and on time delivery in full (both UK and overseas).
- Manage the production process from receipt of order to delivery, which will also include raw materials purchasing; product costing, manufacturing, quality control etc
- A proven career within the upholstered furniture manufacturing industry.
- Team building and leadership skills with proven ability to manage people and to develop their full potential across a wide range of disciplines.
- Excellent IT skills and experience using an ERP system.
- A strong awareness of health and safety matters and the importance of developing a positive safety culture.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to drive change.
- Forward thinking: able to highlight areas for development and growth;
- Someone who can manage the whole process from order to delivery and cope with a very busy workload and exciting growth changes within the business.
- Basic salary in the region of £60000 + Bonus
- Company car
Working Hours: 8.00am to 5.30pm with a 12pm on a Friday
To apply, or to find out more information, please click on one of the "apply" buttons
Please note that due to a high level of applications, we can only respond immediately to applicants whose skills & qualifications are suitable for this position.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.