Our client is one of the UK's leading furniture manufacturers and you will be joining the Group at a particularly exciting time during this period of growth. Your role will be to work closely with the designers and manage the development team of furniture and cabinet makers to successfully develop and introduce new products to the business. You will, therefore, fully call upon your proven experience of developing new and exciting products within the upholstered furniture industry.
- Manage the day to day activities of the Development department maintaining maximum productivity, whilst working closely with the Design team.
- Consider production efficiencies throughout the development of new products whilst maintaining the design integrity as set out by the Head of Design.
- Making sure that designs are engineered in the most appropriate way to meet both design and safety needs within target cost parameters.
- The attendance of trade shows ensuring the most up to date development techniques, best industry practices and processes are evaluated.
- Work collaboratively with the Quality and Conformity departments to ensure products are developed to the highest quality standard, meeting all conformity regulations as outlined by our customers.
- Coach, mentor and lead the Development team to achieve operational excellence and high levels of engagement and satisfaction.
- Create and develop a succession plan for individuals that have the highest potential for long-term success within the Development team.
- Manage and monitor absence for all direct reports
- Provide effective performance feedback through employee recognition, rewards, and disciplinary action, with the assistance of HR Officer, when necessary.
- You will come from a cabinet making or wood turning background and ideally have experience of developing specifically upholstered quality furniture
- You must also possess strong management experience and be a hands on supervisor of others
To apply, or to find out more information, please click on one of the "apply" buttons
Please note that due to a high level of applications, we can only respond immediately to applicants whose skills & qualifications are suitable for this position.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.