My Client, a nationwide textiles manufacturer based in Batley, is looking to recruit an experienced Turner/Nightshift Supervisor. The ideal candidate must have experience weaving, knotting & mending, and must have experience in a supervisory role. The job involves working with the management team delivering the best possible results. The successful candidate will have a proven track record within the textiles industry and must have a keen eye for detail. and will be happy to work night shifts.
Your main duties will include:
- Ensuring all looms are kept in peak working condition following a detailed preventative maintenance schedule.
- Prioritising maintenance to ensure maximum loom efficiency, identifying worn or defective parts - replacing where necessary
- Internal cleaning of machinery
- Efficient management of job changes to ensure loom down time is kept too a minimum.
- Ensure that machines are operating at peak speed and efficiency - including fine tuning of the loom and its constituent parts E.g. Dobbies, Jacquards, or yarn accumulators.
- To assist the company in maintain its reputation as a weaver of high quality woven fabrics.
- Ensuring all tasks are carried out in a timely and cost effective manner
- Maintain a safe working environment through adherence to the company health and safety regulations.
The successful candidate will be required to work from Monday to Thursday from 2pm to 12am working a total of 40 hours
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.