We are currently recruiting for part time Travel Advisers to work for a local charity over the summer months working May to July. The work will involve visiting households to talk about sustainable transport options and discussing current travel habits.
The role will be based in Taunton and Travel Advisers will be expected to walk or cycle to cover the area required, therefore access to own bicycle will be required.
Part time hours up to 20 hours per week in 4 hours shifts covering evenings and weekends.
- To hand deliver postcards announcing the project to households.
- To make direct contact with households on the doorstep and gather key information regarding travel habits.
- To identify which options and free information on walking, cycling and public transport would be of benefit to the household.
- To accurately record information gathered using paper-based forms.
- To collect personalised information packs from the project field office and hand-deliver these to participating households using a bike trailer.
- To conduct all contact and conversations in a professional manner in accordance with project requirements.
- To ensure all contacts and conversations are accurately recorded.
The working hours will include early evening work and Saturdays. Typical hours will be Monday to Thursday (4pm to 8pm) and Saturday (10am to 2pm, or 12pm to 4pm). This schedule is subject to alteration in poor weather conditions. Full training will be provided. All travel of on street canvassers will be undertaken by sustainable means.
Additional on-street survey work to undertake post project monitoring may be available between August and October 2017.
Training dates: Week commencing 1 May 2017 (exact dates to be confirmed)
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Business.