Transport Planner - All Grades - New Zealand
Meridian is currently working with a client in New Zealand who are actively investing a great deal in the transport infrastructure across the country. It is an extremely exciting time to be involved in the integrated transport strategy of this country and we are looking to grow that by finding forward thinking ambitious individuals who want to relocate to one of the most beautiful parts of the world.
This role exists to lead transport planning initiatives through the early phases of business case development from establishing the strategic purpose and direction through to identifying a recommended programme of works and subsequent project development support of the consenting phases.
The role is based within one of our four delivery teams in Auckland, Waikato, Wellington and Christchurch.
The role will involve the following:
- Develop and promote sound solutions to transportation issues that maximise outcomes and take a system level approach to planning across modes, functions, place and time
- Write clear and concise business cases that provide a robust investment management case for strategies, programmes and projects.
- Bringing a critical eye to technical data to explain, in simple terms, the cause, effect and consequence
- Liaise across technical disciplines within the NZ Transport Agency and wider sector to draw together and provide best for outcomes advice.
- Lead teams to deliver projects within time, cost and quality standards
Experience and Qualifications
- Experience in significant transport planning studies including option development and evaluation
- Numerical and quantitative data interpretation skills
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Sound project management skills
- Experience preparing, reviewing and improving complex business cases and processes collaboration with others
- ability to identify and design useful and enduring indicators and measures
- Ability to interpret outputs from transportation models
- Good understanding of economic evaluation principals
- A degree is essential for anyone who will be requesting a work permit.
- A tertiary qualification in Transport Planning or other relevant discipline is essential (post graduate is desirable)
- Membership of a professional body is desirable
Ideally we are looking for people who have anything from 2 to 12 years experience in a transport planning environment be that consultancy side or public sector. However, with this being in New Zealand we are looking for transport planning experience which mirrors the principles of that country. As such we are looking to speak to people who have worked on schemes in the UK and Australia for example.
Whilst we are not looking for pure transport modellers, I do require a level of understanding of transport modelling.
Meridian is working in partnership with the leading transport authority in New Zealand. They offer fantastic benefits and flexible working arrangements. But enough about the company - its a great company.
This is an opportunity to experience life on the other side of the planet in a friendly and beautiful part of the world. If you are a transport planner who has ever considered working a stint abroad in a place which very much values the work - life balance then this is your opportunity to give us a call and discuss it. All applications and conversations will be held in strictest confidence, and we will be able to provide all information.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.