Trainee Robot Setter/Operator urgently required for a fast paced and growing manufacturer based in Birmingham.
You will be responsible for -
- Ensuring all machinery setting is carried out in accordance with latest Health & Safety Regulations.
- Ensuring all customer and company quality standards and requirements are maintained.
- Work off a Master Planning board with clear vision on production runs and requirements of all machines.
- Ensure machines are set correctly in line with machine setting instructions and company procedures.
- Modify robot welding programs and follow company breakdown and checking procedures.
- Ensure all tooling/fixtures are in good working order liaise with shop floor Team Leader.
- Ensure all documentation is present for jobs running (inform Quality if documentation is incorrect)
- Ensure all pre-production checks are carried out and company procedures are followed.
- Carry out basic mechanical repairs to equipment that effects the day to day running of the equipment and tooling i.e. (clamp adjustment etc)
- Liaise with manufacturing and help implement an effective TPM procedure on all welding tooling fixtures and equipment.
- Ensure all robot cell's are clean and tidy and implement weekly TPM (clean, check and top up).
- Support the shop floor (operator training and awareness, ensure all documentation is displayed and being used).
- Support Engineering with new process documentation weld trials etc.
- Support Quality in problem solving (8 D quality concerns)
- Continuously look at ways to improve the business (Kaizan, Lean etc)
- Operate machines as and when required.
- These duties are not 'limited' or 'fixed' and you may be required to take on additional reasonable responsibilities, as our business needs change
This is a temporary to permanent position for the right candidate.
You will be required to work either double days or nights.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Business.