This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is looking for an entry level accounts based role. This Trainee Credit Control position offers excellent training!
Due to the location, ideally candidates will have access to their own transport, however buses are available from Newton Abbot.
- Ensure that all telephone conversations or email communications are recorded.
- Check that the daily invoices that leave the office are correct with all paperwork attached as required.
- Review credit limits i.e. payments received and spending patterns.
- Keep actions up to date and diarise for responses such as following up on emails, phone calls, promise to pay and debt letter's sent.
- To attempt to ensure that debtors days remain at <60 days.
- When a request for a credit note/refund is received, ensure that a response to customer with outcome/up to date position is given within 5 working days.
- Make Line Manager aware immediately of any potential problem accounts.
- Co-ordinate between sales/operations with queries.
- Make sales aware before putting customer account in query, when appropriate.
- Review Monitoring Alerts from Experian daily and amend any limits where appropriate.
- Excellent people skills - liaison with Field based staff and keeping them on-board will help achieve success
- Ability to work with computerised database packages
- Happy to work under own initiative, requiring light supervision
- Comfortable in a office based / small team environment
- A self-motivated individual with a positive outlook and "can do" attitude with good attention to detail
- Strong communication skills, particularly oral but also written
- Bonus Scheme after 3 months probation
Working Hours: 8.30am to 5pm Mon - Fri
To apply, or to find out more information, please click on one of the "apply" buttons
Please note that due to a high level of applications, we can only respond immediately to applicants whose skills & qualifications are suitable for this position.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.