Traction Power Modelling Engineer (Graduate) - London Underground - Central London
Our client, London's Public Transportation provider, is currently looking for a graduate Traction Power Modelling Engineer to join them on a contract basis in their Central London office. The ideal candidate for this role will have experience undertaking mathematical and/or computational modelling, either at University or through work. Someone of graduate level with a numerical degree e.g. science, technology, maths, engineering, computing etc. The role will involve the use of Linux system so someone who has experience with Linux and is comfortable with Linux would be ideal for this role.
The principle accountabilities for this role involve undertaking traction power modelling, undertaking scheme modelling and reviewing results in support of upgrade planning, providing power engineering guidance within the team and assisting with the preparation of reports and presentations to line upgrade projects on proposed Infrastructure.
Reporting to the Lead Systems Performance Engineer, this role will be allocated to a team currently within the Technical Strategy, Systems Performance and Innovations Group. Primarily this role is responsible for DC traction power modelling to assist line upgrade projects in understanding the impact of future service increases on substation / feeder cable loadings and on line voltages.
The ideal candidates for this role will be/have:
- Degree in relevant discipline.
- Electrical system modelling preferably in traction power systems.
- Experience with Linux and /or python scripting.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to both integrate into a small and dynamic team and to work effectively with colleagues across the business
- Experience of report writing / presentation skills.
- Ability to work with and analyse complex data (quantitative and qualitative), draw conclusions, and produce solutions and decisions.
This is an outstanding opportunity to join an expanding team and significant player in Public Transportation, working on the some of the most renowned projects on the LU network.
For a confidential discussion on this role, please contact Darren Johnston on 0161 929 3804, or likewise please submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.