A leading packaging company based in Milton Keynes is recruiting for a Tooling/ Technical Assistant to join their team. Competitive salary plus excellent benefits package is on offer for the successful candidate.
As Tooling/ Technical Assistant you will utilise your experience of new product development to assist the Tooling/Technical Coordinator in the administration and control of new projects including:
- Maintaining the product technical library including the issuing of new bar codes and product/pallet labels
- Distributing information on new products internally and assist with the co-ordination of new product initial production.
- Ensuring the correct procedure is followed when developing new products and ensuring the relevant table/databases are fully completed.
- Responding to requests for information from customers e.g. Questionnaires, Product specs etc. as authorized by the Tooling/Technical Coordinator.
- Maintaining all IT systems employed within the technical function e.g. Tooling Database, MRP (Solarsoft), Raw Material Files etc. and liaise with the company IT manager to ensure compliance with back up policies, etc.
- Working closely with Sales and Purchasing, to bring new products from inception to production on time.
- Sourcing quotations, order placement and follow up.
- Providing assistance with the development of integrated systems, procedures and practices throughout the business.
- Developing/attaining an understanding of the manufacturing processes used within the wider member companies.
- Assist the Maintenance Manager in the development of tooling maintenance procedures, the identification of spare parts, etc.
- Developing purchasing requirements, identification of suppliers, placing of orders, receipting of goods & services and presentation of invoices for approval by the Tooling/Technical Coordinator.
- It is essential that you have working knowledge of new product development and experience within an engineering/ manufacturing organisation
- Excellent administration skills are required
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Proven experience working to deadlines
- Competent in Microsoft Office skills as well as good working knowledge of using MRP/ ERP systems and in-house databases
Salary: £23-28k per annum plus 21 days annual leave + bank holidays, health cash plan, pension, life assurance, childcare vouchers, annual bonus and pay reviews
Hours: 8.30-5/ 9-5.30 Monday to Friday (40 hours per week)
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.