Meridian Health is one of the UK's progressive and leading providers of permanent bespoke tailored recruitment solutions to the Healthcare sector.We are currently looking to recruit a Theatre Health Care Assistant on behalf of our client a UK leading healthcare social enterprise with over 15 years experience in the industry.
As a Health Care Assistant you will support the team in our Theatres in providing care for patients undergoing major and minor surgeries. You must be a motivated person who enjoys a fast pace, be able to demonstrate good communication skills (both written and verbal) and show initiative in a challenging and interesting environment.
Your Responsibilities will be:
- To assist in the provision of quality planned care for patients during their per-operative phase of care.
- Work under the supervision of a Registered Practitioner and within the limits of training and assessed competencies.
- Assist in the delivery of patient care Contribute to quality improvement
- Apply legislation, policies and procedures correctly
- Willing to be in operating theatre areas during surgery
- Calm and reassuring
- Health and safety aware
- Able to follow procedures
- Part of a team but responsible for their own work
- NVQ Level 2 in Health and Social Care is essential
- Previous experience in a theatre environment would be preferred.
- You will need a flexible approach to both duties and hours
- A basic standard of general education with proven literacy and numeracy
- Great organisational skills, communication skills and good team working skills
In return you will be offered the following:
- Salary ranging from £15,352 - £17,991 per annum dependant on experience
- Continuing professional and career development
- Generous holiday and leave arrangements
- Flexible pension options
- Life assurance and healthcare schemes
- Free Gym membership
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Employee assistance programme for professional advice and counselling - legal, financial, etc.
- Employee discounts on a wide range of products or services
If you would like to be considered for this position please apply below or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org alternatively you can call Rebekah on 0151 556 2090 to discuss further.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.