We are looking for a Test Engineer to join my client's Test team. You must have relevant test experience with a degree in a relevant subject.
The role will report to the Lead Test Engineer.
- Take responsibility for the development and execution of software and hardware testing.
- Develop test plans in conjunction with the Development project team and Lead Test Engineer as needed.
- Develop workflow tests representing important usage patterns in the software and hardware under development.
- Perform manual testing of software and hardware features under development.
- Design and run performance and system tests.
- Become expert in the software and hardware developed by the project team.
- Critically advise on application GUI and workflow design in conjunction with the Development team and Product Manager.
- Evaluate and monitor (with the project team) the level of testing coverage of software and hardware under development (of all kinds, including developer-written), and help prioritise testing effort through analysis of risk of defects.
Requirements and qualifications
- BSc required (graduate degree preferred) in Physical Sciences, Engineering, Computer Science or another directly related field.
- EU citizen or have permanent residency status in the UK.
- A positive attitude with strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to assess the quality of software and hardware test coverage.
- Ability to create and carry out concise but thorough tests.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, including fluency in written and spoken English.
- Confident and able to communicate professionally with a variety of individuals and groups.
- Self-motivated, inquisitive and resourceful in finding solutions by working with others.
- Good computer skills using a variety of Windows desktop applications. Experience of programming or scripting languages such as Python would be very beneficial.
- Good understanding of iterative software development processes and defect tracking software tools such as JIRA.
Full job spec available on request
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.