Well know for their delivery of major schemes, this highly regarded international contractor has now secured two high profile and extremely high value schemes in London. These two projects will provide a technical challenge like no other, as these encompass all areas of the civil engineering spectrum from rail to highway to water. In order ensure the skillful delivery of these projects there is now a serious need to increase their already successful project management team.
Position: Temporary Works Coordinator
Package: Negotiable Salary, Car/Car Allowance, Pension, Bonus.
The Temporary Works Coordinator will be coordinate all planned / any subsequent temporary works from initial project design through construction to final completion.
As Temporary Works Coordinator you will:
- Assist with the identification of scheme's Temporary Works requirements during the design stage, as well as during construction.
- Ensure business processes and systems for Temporary Works are implemented in particular the Temporary Works Management Procedure
- Develop accurate design briefs in consultation with site and design teams and ensure the briefs are sent to the designer
- Liaise with Temporary Works designers, checkers and site personnel.
- Undertake simple (Cat 0/1) temporary works designs
You will have:
- Civil or Structural Engineering Qualification, minimum of a HNC/HND, preferably BEng.
- A full UK driving licence
- Experience preferably with a temporary works/civils/utilities background, with a significant & wide range of temporary works construction experience, with a sound understanding of engineering principles.
- Awareness of the requirements of BS5975:2008 procedural control requirements
- Sound health & safety knowledge relating to site and design activities.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the CDM regulations and associated legislation
- Experience in simple and complex lifting operations
- Knowledge and experience in MS office applications
- Excellent communications & team working skills
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.