We have a very exciting opportunity for an established Technician to join a leading dealership of motorhomes.
- To ensure customer satisfaction in the servicing, repairs and fitting of accessories to motorhomes of all types.
- To carry out servicing and parts fitting in a safe and economical manner
- To employ such knowledge and skills as may be required to test vehicles and diagnose faults working within the industry guidelines.
- Communication with Customer Service Advisor to schedule SC planner, estimate target times and costs for service work.
- To attend training courses as required to keep abreast of technical developments.
- To attain specified job times
- To identify and promote any additional parts replacement/servicing requirements noticed while working on vehicles
- To note and report all components, materials and consumables used per job.
- To protect customer's vehicles with covers and dust sheets whilst working on vehicles.
- To ensure vehicles are thoroughly examined and report to customers on the general condition of their vehicles, with an emphasis on safety.
- To ensure all work is carried out to MOT and/or manufacturer's safety standards.
- To ensure maximum use of technical knowledge and skills to achieve effective, economic and safe service of/parts replacement to customer's vehicles.
- To answer and respond to all telephone calls according to company procedures.
- To maintain the standards of personal customer contact and communication laid down by the company to achieve personal and company objectives for excellent customer satisfaction.
- To ensure presentation of workshop working bay/area.
- To ensure all parts and consumables usage is recorded accurately.
- To take care not to cause accidental damage to vehicles and components during serving of vehicles and parts fitting.
- To minimise wastage of all materials, oils and fluids.
- To care for all plant and tool belonging to dealership and to report any defects to the Workshop Controller
- Operate within the law at all times
- Ensure health and safety legislation and internal procedures are followed
- Operate at all times within company policy
- Undertake all other tasks and responsibilities as requested by the Service Centre Manager/Managing Director.
- Meet times set by manufacturer for all job cards - Efficiency
- Meet Efficiency and Productivity Targets set by Service Centre Manager
- Liaise with customer for any additional work needed to be carried out - Up selling/Growth
- All customer complaints dealt with in most cost effective way, to highest quality compliant with industry standards and to customer satisfaction - Customer Service
Core Skills & Knowledge
- Customer Service Skills to manage all customer expectations to the highest level expected by the Company and also to industry standards.
- Administrative skills to effectively write up job cards
- Man-management skills to get the very best from the workshop team
- Health & Safety knowledge to ensure the work is carried out safely
- Good time management skills to keep within efficiency and productivity targets set.
- Gas and Electrical certification.
- COSSH knowledge
- Diagnostic skills
Ongoing personal development
Ongoing product development
Ongoing technical development
Gas & Electrical certification updates
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.