My client based in South Oxfordshire is looking for a forward thinking, customer focused, and analytical individual to join their close team as a Technical Support Team leader
The purpose of the Technical Support team leader will be to achieve operational objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews. In order to be successful in this role the individual will need to:
- Maintain up to date job and market knowledge: identify trends, read professional publications, maintain personal networks, participate in professional organisations and educational / career development and training opportunities, explore opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
- Streamline processes and support change: determine system improvements, implement change
- Think strategically: prepare and complete action plans,
- Troubleshoot: Resolve issues,
- Manage: Implement production, productivity, quality and customer-service standards, complete audits
Main responsibilities of the role include:
- Supporting colleagues with 2nd and 3rd line technical issues
- Attending meetings
- Clarifying a client's system specifications, defining software, hardware and network requirements, analysing IT requirements within companies and giving independent and objective advice on the use of IT. Working with clients to define the scope of a project and planning timescales and the resources needed. Helping clients with change - management activities
- Developing agreed solutions, presenting solutions in written or oral reports and implementing new systems.
- Marketing - advise on new products/services to offer existing clients
- Designing, testing, installing and monitoring new systems
- Preparing documentation and presenting progress reports to customers
Candidate Specification The ideal candidate will be organised and analytical with excellent time keeping abilities. As a team leader the candidate must be able to work under pressure alongside managing, organising and prioritising others. Due to meeting clients the candidate must have excellent 'people skills', be enthusiastic and motivated with exceptional relationship building and interpersonal skills. The candidate must be a car owner and driver based on requirements to occasional off site work and sometimes working at the clients sister site.
Technical Skills Required
- Experience with Windows Server networks, 2008 & preferably 2012
- IP knowledge with experience of dealing with the usual network peripherals, firewalls, routers etc.
- Experience and knowledge of Exchange Server
- Experience with Windows 7 & 8 Desktop environments
The client is looking to fill this role as soon as possible and is working around a salary bracket of £25-30k based on candidate experience. If this challenging role sounds like your next career opportunity please do not hesitate to submit your application for review following.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.