On behalf of our Global Engineering/Manufacturing client, we are seeking a self-motivated, resilient and customer-focused Technical Support Manager. The successful candidate will hold direct responsibility for sixteen employees of varying level, split across three teams (Proposals, Applications and Survey & Audit) and a departmental budget of approximately £600,000.
You will be responsible for developing your teams, delivering a service to customers that converts a high rate of enquiries to orders and providing exemplary technical advice and a second-to-none customer experience. In addition, you yourself will offer Technical Support to the Field Sales team and external customers.
The successful candidate will hold demonstrable experience in a similar people management position within a technical (Engineering/Manufacturing) environment, coupled with a technical qualification and ideally formal management training. In addition, you will have practical experience of managing performance, customer support/relationship management and a good working knowledge of process drawings.
You will have strong management skills, but also be "hands-on" and lead by example as required. You will challenge your teams and develop a collaborative culture, in which people take ownership and strive for continuous improvement.
This is a challenging and rewarding role in equal measure and we are seeking a candidate who will embrace this and bring fresh ideas to the table. You will enjoy developing tools and processes that improve the customer experience and increase productivity and efficiency, driving the right behaviours throughout your teams and the wider business as appropriate.
- Line Management of 16 staff across Proposals, Applications and Survey & Audit. Management of the technical and product support process, utilising resource from the technical team, ensuring full engagement with the wider business.
- Key duties (in brief):
- Create development plans for your teams
- Identify, agree and implement development opportunities for the teams
- Ensure performance levels are aligned with KPI's and where necessary, implement development plans to address under-performance
- Develop the skills matrix
- Review succession plans and performance models
- Identify breakthrough process improvements
- Embrace and lead LEAN methodologies through the teams
- Monitor metrics and KPI's, investigating exceptions, identifying cause and implementing preventative actions
- Develop a talent funnel
- Develop tools and processes
- Challenge paradigms and team leaders
- Work in conjunction with other teams to understand the changing needs of customers
- Provide customers with a superior service and high value solutions
- Ensure that the Field Sales Team are kept informed of technical updates, product concerns and best practices
- Ensure the Technical bulletins are issued to the relevant teams to avoid potential issues
There is a competitive remuneration package attributed to this position, details of which will be provided to suitable applicants PRIOR to any CV submission. A full job description is also available.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.