Technical/Associate Director of Highways Structures
Consultancy Services Division
My client is a leading engineering services contractor who is expanding its offering in the South East and London. My client is developing a consultancy and design arm to their reputable business and is looking to build on a large number of key contracts by offering technical consulting services. As part of this expansion, and due to successful project wins and client demand, I am now tasked with finding a Technical or Associate Director of Highways Structures that will be responsible for leading and developing a structural engineering and design business.
I am looking for a reputable Chartered Structural Engineer that boosts strong technical expertise and has diverse structural experience across highways & rail structures, bridges and assets with urban environments. The ideal candidate will be a motivated, commercially savvy, client facing, team leader that knows the UK structures market, that is keen to take this opportunity to grow and develop something special with the backing of a well established and ambitious business.
My client is looking for some to build on the strong relationships they have with London Boroughs, Councils, Local Authorities and Government Bodies across London and the South East. The successful candidate would be based out of my clients new, modern and impressive head offices in Sevenoaks, Kent. Therefore if you are growing tired of the busy London lifestyle or the arduous commute into the city, then this opportunity to be based in picturesque, rural Kent, with a client who prioritises a healthy work life balance, is for you!
I am looking for an industry leading expert and who will be rewarded with a market leading salary and package. You will be given full backing from the board and your Structural Engineering Team will sit with the Consulting arm of the business and work alongside the Highways Engineering, Technical Design, Project Management and Asset Management teams, as well as having a healthy relationship with the engineering services contracting division.
Project Works & Structures:
- Project experience will include, permanent and temporary works, routine and preventative maintenance schemes, emergency works, structural examinations, and structural and bridge assessments.
- Structures that you will have experience with include: Rail and Highways Underbridges, Truss Bridges, Culverts and Footbridges etc.
Qualifications & Experience:
- A Degree qualified Chartered Structural Engineer (IStructE) or/and a member of a relevant professional body (Civil Engineering, ICE etc).
- You will have a strong experience within Highways, Civils and Rail Structures, Bridges and Assets within a Highway Engineering or Urban Realm Design consultancy environment.
- You will be able to lead a team of engineers and technicians on all areas of Structural Engineering: Assessments & Surveys, Health & Safety, Risk, Technical Design and Project Delivery.
- Will be up to date with industry standards and codes (Eurocodes, DMRB) and ensure that all work is delivered within scope to the highest of standards.
- Will have experience of working on sites, dealing with NEC3 contracts and working with contractors.
Responsibilities & Personality:
- Responsible for delivering projects and contracts within time and scope, in a profitable manner.
- Commercially minded, comfortable and presentable in front of clients, able to develop business, has experience of bidding and securing work and can promote the business as a whole.
- Assist with recruitment, coach and mentoring junior staff, promote training and support staff to gain further qualifications and reach Chartership.
- Has a problem solving mind set with the ability to think individually, whilst collaborating with others and working in a busy environment.
- You will be a charismatic and personal manager who will continue to promote a fun, friendly, professional environment for a high skilled and talented team to develop and thrive as part of a growing consultancy offering.
This an outstanding opportunity to join a growing reputable business in the South East and to play an integral part and be responsible for a developing Structural Engineering business within a growing technical consultancy and design division within a recognised and reputable company.
For a confidential discussion please contact John Tittley on 0161 929 3804 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.