Technical Sales Engineer
£20,000 - £24,000 per annum
Newcastle under Lyme
The role of the Technical Sales Engineer will be to support all sales activities with the department, including client visits, estimation and preparation of quotes to meet client's requirements & specifications, and prospecting new clients and areas of opportunity and growth.
The main responsibilities of this role will be to:
- Prepare tenders and quotations for control systems ensuring that all client's requirements and specifications are met.
- Prepare any internal supporting documentation required, such as Functional Design Specifications, enabling efficient transition of the order to the Design and Manufacturing team.
- Maintain good client relationship through the sales process and beyond, by providing excellent technical support.
- Liaise with clients and suppliers, to pursue the most effective solution for the client and economics of design.
- Prospect new areas of growth for our products and services, and seek out new sales opportunities within these areas.
- Ensure that the company products and goods provided are kept up to date in terms of current legislation with regards to electrical practices, relevant standards and safety guidance documentation.
- Maintain and assist in improving Company procedures where possible, including suggesting areas of training and/or improvement in working methods.
The ideal candidate for this role will have experience working in similar sales and client facing roles, with knowledge of estimation and preparation of quotes. Knowledge of panel design, assembly and wiring, and PLC/SCADA/Telematry would be desirable.
If you have any questions about this role, please call Clare at Meridian on: 01782 272400.
To Apply for this role, please email your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.