Meridian Business Support is recruiting for a Compound Team Leader to work for a Large Automotive and Logistics Company based in Portbury, Bristol.
With over 10,000 employees they invest in dedicated and hardworking people, whilst offering personal and professional skill development through on and off the job training.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in a diverse and challenging career with each day different to the next.
This is a permanent position.
This role will involve supervising and managing the compound drivers within a large vehicle compound. Due to this health and safety is paramount and vigilance at all times is expected.
As required you may also move and drive the vehicles yourself, as well as quality checking the vehicles and noting any damage may this arise.
Your team will consist of temporary members of staff, and so you will also be required to plan your resources and staff to ensure coverage in peak periods.
This would suit someone working within a vehicle compound within a team leader/supervisory position. or has proir experience working at a port.
To be considered for this position you will ideally also possess the following skills and attributes;
- Good health and safety awareness
- Hard working and confident
- Full UK driving licence with no more than 6 points (held for a minimum of 2 years)
- Strong people management skills
- Attractive salary and benefits package included which does include; gym membership or private healthcare, stakeholder pension scheme, annual performance bonus and company car scheme (after a qualifying period)
The working hours may vary and early mornings can be expected. (45 hours per week). You must be flexible and able to adjust to the business needs when required.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.