Our Client is looking for a Tax Senior to join their busy team in the Exeter Office.
This friendly firm can offer a competitive salary and Pension scheme, a Health Care Scheme, an annual bonus (STC) and flexible working hours.
The purpose of this role is to assist in the provision of a timely and first class tax compliance service to a broad range of personal clients.
- Be responsible for a portfolio of tax cases, including self-employed, HNWIs and directors
- Prepare and submit annual self-assessment tax returns and computations, P11D and other sundry HMRC forms on a timely basis
- Collating and maintaining client information
- Correspond and deal with client enquiries in relation to their personal tax issues and liabilities
- Ensuring any unresolved issues are referred to the department manager/ engagement Partner; including the initial handling/ identification of both tax planning and tax investigation issues
- Maintain direct contact with clients, HMRC, solicitors, other accountancy, law and professional services firms, in the delivery of an excellent client service
- Previous experience in a tax compliance role, either at Assistant or Senior level
- ATT qualified (or equivalent) or qualified by experience
- Excellent up to date technical knowledge
- Be fully aware and conversant with compliance standards imposed by the various regulatory authorities for tax and audit
- Commercially astute, with keen analytical and problem-solving mind
- Organised and able to plan time efficiently in order to meet deadlines - particularly during the January tax return season
- Ability to work independently, or as part of a team
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build rapport quickly with clients
- Professional and discreet in demonstrating client care
- Exposure to providing a tax advisory service an advantage (but not essential)
- Proficient in MS Office 2010 (i.e. Excel, Word, Outlook)
Working Hours: Flexible 8.30/9.30 - 4.30/5.30 Mon - Fri
To apply, or to find out more information, please click on one of the "apply" buttons
Please note that due to a high level of applications, we can only respond immediately to applicants whose skills & qualifications are suitable for this position.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.