What a fantastic role to create innovative, explosive taste sensations within the beverage and wider food industry: all based in beautiful Devon!
Working as part of a small team, you will be required to very much work with their clients on creating the flavour combinations, which requires excellent communication skills as well as a well developed palate. Whether you've been a food development technologist before, or even a chef or cocktail bar person, these are the skills which may suit this interesting and fun role.
- Guide new customers through the process of recipe development and approval, processing, packaging, labelling and retailing into its specific market area.
- Continue to investigate new and novel raw materials, processes and technologies to offer a broad understanding of the beverage market to customers.
- Build strong relationships with suppliers and our internal purchasing team to ensure we are using the best quality ingredients at the best possible price.
- Ensure the Development Kitchen is kept clean, tidy and well stocked.
- Keep up to date with all relevant regulatory guidelines to ensure awareness of all changes and amendments are followed.
- Oversee production trials to ensure all products can be achieved to the customer's specification.
- Manage projects ensuring records are up to date and maintained with a full spectrum of information to confirm projects are safe and achievable.
- Some experience of new product development within the food industry, ideally within beverage.
- Mathematical ability and interest in science.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software (Outlook, Excel, Word etc)
- Comfortable with working in a Food Factory environment.
- Keen to learn with can do, will do properly attitude
- Able to work as a member of a team and on own initiative
- Good sensory ability.
- Good oral and written communications skills
- Presentable, punctual, reliable & personable
Working Hours: 37.5 hour week, 9-5.30 Mon - Fri
To apply, or to find out more information, please click on one of the "apply" buttons
Please note that due to a high level of applications, we can only respond immediately to applicants whose skills & qualifications are suitable for this position.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.