Talent Acquisition Manager
Up to £35,000 dependant on experience plus benefits
Monday to Friday 37 hours per week
Based at Trident Head Office, Wythenshawe
Driving license and car essential
Meridian Business Support is one of the largest privately-owned recruitment companies in the UK. Founded in 1989 in Altrincham, we celebrated 25 successful years in the recruitment industry in 2014. With a network of 60 branches nationwide, we provide over 5,000 temporary staff on a weekly basis and place over 900 permanent candidates each year. Employing over 250 direct staff, we fill in excess of 300,000 bookings every year, successfully supplying to over 2000 companies.
Reporting to the Head of HR, the Talent Acquisition Manager will have full responsibility for fulfilling all the internal recruitment needs across the business. Partnering with the Directors and other key stakeholders, the primary focus of the role will be to ensure that there is an adequate pipeline of top talent available, whether that be sourced internally or externally, to fill key roles within the business. Taking ownership for the development of a talent attraction strategy, the Talent Acquisition Manager will support the Operational teams by driving the full recruitment lifecycle from source to offer stage and once recruited, will oversee the on-boarding process to ensure all new recruits get their Meridian careers off to a flying start.
The Talent Acquisition Manager will play a strategic role in managing the talent pipeline across the business and work with the Head of HR and relevant stakeholders in succession planning to maximise development opportunities for our people and backfilling roles as required.
Main duties will include:
- Proactive management of the talent acquisition process for all vacancies within the business;
- Direct sourcing of candidates via LinkedIn, social media, job boards, internet sourcing and other technical means;
- Conducting initial pre-screen and telephone interviews to assess candidate's abilities, qualifications and fit;
- Participation in the selection process for senior roles;
- Development of a talent attraction strategy including for example job posting optimisation, recruiting marketing channel development, job board procurement;
- Actively monitor and improve vacancy fill time;
- Oversee the on-boarding and induction to ensure new starters have the best possible start to their Meridian careers and reduce the number of new hire leavers across the business;
- Proactively manage the talent pipeline within business through succession planning and talent mapping;
- Provide recruitment advice and guidance to hiring managers with regards to appropriate selection/assessment processes, employment data or other relevant information to assist in the decision making and offer process;
- Regularly conduct benchmarking exercises of the external market;
- Be an ambassador for "management by walking about" by regularly visiting branches to build internal relationships as well as developing an understanding of the individual needs of each of the branches;
- Using the IQX tracking system to track applicants through the selection phase through to on-boarding and providing statistics to the Head of HR.
- Previous experience as an external recruitment consultant;
- Minimum of 5 years experience of internal recruitment in a fast paced, corporate environment;
- Proven track record of managing the full recruitment lifecycle with the ability to deliver on hard to fill roles;
- Excellent candidate and stakeholder management skills with the ability to build rapport at all levels;
- Experience of using a variety of media for candidate generation i.e. online/social media;
- Experience of using a candidate tracking system;
- Proactive with the ability to manage own workload to meet targets/deadlines;
- Have a flexible, professional and creative approach to work;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Team player with a consultative approach. Interested? Please forward your CV to Sarah Ward at email@example.com ; alternatively, for more information, please contact Sarah Ward on 0161 929 3877.
- Travel around the branch network will be required on as needs basis so a full driving license and use of a car are essential.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.