Are you in a dead end job with no job satisfaction? Are you passionate about helping others and want to do it every single day? This could be the job for you ...
** NO EXPERIENCE REQUIRED **
We are currently looking for Support Workers to work at a specialist day and residential centre offering a unique experience for young people and adults with visual impairment including complex needs. The centre provides a high level of quality education and care that increases their service users opportunities and raises their expectations.
We currently have full time and part time vacancies available.
Salary: £15,330.00 - £17,425.00 pro rata + 2.5% Shift Disturbance Allowance
Hours: 37 hours per week, 52 weeks per year (Job Share Available)
Main responsibilities of the role :
- To work closely within a multi-disciplinary team to support the delivery of high professional standards of health, therapy, education and social care.
- To support young people with a range of communication needs allowing them to access learning and make choices
- To ensure young people are safe and that any safeguarding issues are accurately assessed, notified and recorded in line with policy.
- To provide personal care.
- To dispense, order and monitor medication within protocols.
- To support young people in the pool.
- To support young people in a range of settings and activities, on and off campus
What the vacancy can offer you :
- Free onsite parking
6 weeks annual leave plus bank holidays
Onsite WESC café
Onsite gym and heated swimming pool
In-house training to achieve NVQ level 3
You will be working with fabulous young people
Introduce a friend incentive
Employee Assistance Programme
Staff Discount Scheme
Excellent Induction Training
If you are interested in the role, please carry on and apply!
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.