An exciting role for a proven Supply Chain professional, which will require you to embrace this newly created position in an extremely successful engineering company supplying the automotive sector. The post holder is required to bring a proactive attitude to controlling a successful supply chain: removing shortages and identifying potential risks. You will oversee the planning and internal logistics operations for the business whilst effectively managing the material requirements in line with planning and new project builds. Your role will be key in implementing improvement procedures to ensure a continuous supply of products in a global environment, whilst fully utilising their ERP system.
- Forecast levels of demand for services and products to meet the business needs and keeping a constant check on stock levels.
- Conducting research to ascertain the best products and suppliers in terms of best value, delivery schedules and quality.
- Liaising between suppliers, manufacturers, relevant internal departments and customers.
- Effectively manage the materials requirement planning function providing clear communication of the business material requirements to the supply-chain and in-house production team.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with supply partners
- Manage and control the cost of logistics.
- To effectively forecast, plan, award and support the management of supply and service contracts.
- Knowledge of Fluid Transfer Systems would be advantageous.
- Good computer skills in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Experience in purchasing and supply management
- Experience in managing logistics.
- Experience in manufacturing and/ or engineering.
- Knowledge of Bills of Materials and Routing
- Experience of purchasing, supply management, logistics, manufacturing and engineering would be advantageous.
- 5+ years' experience in industry (automotive preferred).
- Proven managerial experience in a similar role.
- Advanced, communication, influencing and presentation skills.
- Contracts management experience.
- Ability to demonstrate strong leadership, man management, motivation, delegation and decision making skills.
- Good system knowledge of AS400 (APEX).
Working Hours: 8am - 4.30pm Mon - Thur / 8am - 3pm Fri
To apply, or to find out more information, please click on one of the "apply" buttons
Please note that due to a high level of applications, we can only respond immediately to applicants whose skills & qualifications are suitable for this position.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.