Meridian is seeking and experienced Warehouse Shift Supervisor to join one of our 24hour site manufacturing clients near the Nottingham area. You will need at least 2 years experience in a similar role and must have your own transport due to the location.
You will be working on a rota basis which consists of 3 days on, 3 days off, 3 nights on, 3 nights off performing 12 hour shifts across a 7 day week.
Specialise in creating products within the food and drink industry (none meat & none alcohol) , they manufacture, store and despatch their goods from their large site. The site is kept in an immaculate condition and has a great colleagues working for them. They now want to grow their team externally.
- Managing a team of 14 warehouse operatives
- Ensuring warehouse is audit ready at all times
- Ensuring compliance is met with good manufacturing
- To supervise, control and produce reports against KPI targets
- Controlling stock movements for all storage locations on site
- Standing in for the Front Line Manager (FLM) when required
- Actively perform routine stock checks of raw materials and
- Ensure your departments compliance is at the correct stock standards
- Supervising your teams performance and behaviours
- Adhering to all safety procedures
- Reporting and recording any problems or injuries
- Performing hands on tasks such as checking machinery and going up cranes
Type of person required:
- Have Good knowledge of Microsoft based software
- Good operational knowledge of the business systems
- Must be a strong leader and leads by example
- Able to assist with hands on tasks such as restarting machines if they brake and climbing up cranes
- Preferable to posses Lean Qualifications which includes Root Cause Analysis Skills
- Experience in supervising people in a FMCG environment
- Able to resolve conflicts and build solid team relationships
Rate of pay £9.61ph rising to £10.30ph
Working hours: 12 hours across 3 days on, 3 days off, 3 nights on, 3 nights off
Start date : ASAP
If you fit the above criteria we would love to hear from you, pleas apply and you will be contacted to discuss the vacancy further.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.